We Just found this Awesome Jerky Recipe on AllRecipes.com. Tried it and Wow! Amazing. If you love jerky, you want to try this and many other of their amazing Jerky Recipes!
Jerky Lover's Jerky - Sweet, Hot and Spicy!
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper, or to taste
* 1 pound lean beef sirloin tip, sliced into 1/8 inch strips
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* 5 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
* 1/2 cup pineapple juice
* 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
1. In a small bowl or cup, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, and some cracked black pepper. Season the meat lightly, using only part of the mixture. Reserve the remaining spices. Place into an airtight plastic container or bowl, and refrigerate.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke flavoring and pineapple juice. Heat until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Pour over the meat, and mix by hand to coat really well. Seal the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to marinate.
3. Arrange the beef strips on the rack of a dehydrator, and sprinkle with a little bit more of the spice mixture and red pepper flakes if using. Dry for 5 hours, or to your desired dryness.
Use an electric knife and slice a semi frozen sirloin for the ease of cutting and for thinner uniform slices.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 524 | Total Fat: 27.5g | Cholesterol: 61mg